Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Meet Seung Joo

I've been a mom of boys for almost 10 years and have my fair share of knowledge on pokemon, power rangers, ninjas, star wars, sports, boy jokes, burps (and other "things"), cars etc....I can definitely hold my own in a conversation on many things I never thought I would know about and how fun it is!!

But when I hear that our sweet daughter, Seung Joo, loves dresses and skirts, bags, hair accessories, necklaces and rings and dolls I can't help but feel EXCITED!

Meet Seung Joo - our DAUGHTER! 

She is four years old and is a tiny little peanut who just now fits into size 3T! Love love that!!  This picture was taken on her 4th birthday.

We pray we have her home while she is still four.  We likely have a wait ahead of us, but no one really knows for sure. It's all in the Korea side of things.  Our steps will be done on the US side of things in maybe 6ish weeks? 

Long (Loooooooong) story short, Korea's government limits the number of international adoptions each year and this year they cut the number by 10%.  Apparently they've run out of exit permits for the year already, so it's likely that Seung Joo will come home early next year.  But, there are some cases apparently where special "EP"'s are given, so my prayer request from you is specifically that Seung Joo would qualify for one of these because of her age.

A wonderfully sweet family I've met online brought their almost 3-yr old daughter home in only 7 weeks just a month ago before the "EP's" ran out.  We aren't expecting the same thing to happen, but gosh would it be amazing if we could get her home earlier than we're thinking it might be.

So the gathering of girly stuff begins and our heart continues to grow with love! We give the glory to God who led Seung Joo right to our family.

8 comments:

  1. So happy to hear this. Such a happy addition to your family. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO HAPPY!!! Take time to prepare for her now. I am always her to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Your heart must be oozing with love for that little girl. And for finding ways to make her transition as gentle as possible, for when she does join you. I am sure they have some good ideas for you. Blessings to you all! How very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jen, she's beautiful! I'm so happy and so excited for you guys!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just beautiful. I'm excited to follow your journey to her! Very happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What will she think the first time she sees a cow! I can't wait to hold her on my lap... :) Grandma Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, she's beautiful! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for all of you!! Oh, and "Grandma Sue" just added to the tears in my eyes! She is blessed to be a part of such a loving family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! I am obviously very behind on my blogging- I've just been catching up with your sweet family. I know the last few months have just drug on. I hope things in Korea start moving super fast super soon!!

    She is beautiful- and how cool is it that you got to meet her best buddy's family. What a blessing to all of you!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete