Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Home Study Done and Under Review

We're a bit ahead of the time line I gave myself.  Our home study went on to our agency last night! 3/29/11! Our home study was done in record time - 3 weeks total!  As of yesterday's weekly update, there are 10 families waiting for girls.  I have no idea how many HS's were submitted with ours, but my fingers are crossed it will get approved soon and in line.  They said up to 10 days, but the person I spoke with said our social worker is known for her thorough home studies and rarely do they not just slide on through.

We aren't breathing a sigh of relief until it's approved from the agency and we're officially in the Korea program.  Next week maybe?

Until then, we're slowly giving ourselves permission to think of names. Which sounds crazy.  So, my question to anyone who wants to give an answer -- what's your favorite girl names! We've never really thought of girl names before, so the idea is so random to us! :)

4 comments:

  1. Many prayers that this goes smoothly & quickly!

    Laurel of course! LMAO - j/k
    I still like Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! <3 <3 -- oh wait...this isn't FB! haha! Those hearts won't look like hearts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your homestudy did go fast! We have just begun ours, application should be turned in by Friday. Are you going through the WC program at Holt? We are hoping for a little girl as well. I have 3 boys and 1 girl! I look forward to following your progress, I am a research junkie as well and the adoption world is consuming my life right now! LOL The bad part is that I homeschool, os needless to say we are not getting much school done right now. :) Praying all goes well for you.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy,

    We are going through CHSFS. Holt doesn't work in my state. We are doing the standard program, but I'm keeping an eye out on the WIC program, too! The best of luck to you in your process! I'm not sure how fast Holt's program is going, but we'll be going through it together! ;)

    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete