Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Agency A - Agency B...remember?

Remember when I told you about agency A and agency B - one fast and one slow.  (I can't remember what I said was fast or slow before so for today Agency A is the fast one....)

Due to something really silly and minor that happened in our youth - a ticket - we weren't certain if we were going to be eligible for Agency A, which is really, REALLY strict on just about everything.  While you aren't able to pick what agency you work with, you know right away if you're eligible for Agency A or not.  Period.

It's been killing me not knowing if we're eligible, but we hadn't gotten a contact from our case worker from our agency yet, so I had to just wait until I heard from her.  I got the intro email today, which I immediately replied asking her when she had time if she could give me a quick call.

Call came 2 minutes later. :)  We are eligible for BOTH agency A and B.  Now, we can't pick - more referrals come from agency B than agency A (90% to 10%), but only about 30% of the people on the list are agency A approved.

She also gave me a little bit of advice on our medical checklist to consider, which could open a few more doors for us.

All in all, I'm relieved and finally *FINALLY* feel like I can breath a sigh of relief and know that we're just waiting now.

Oh, and she also told me there is not ONE couple on the wait for boys right now...WOW! Some couple will be very happy when they jump on and get the first little boy referred! Maybe it's YOU! :)

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, I am a little confused. We have recently begun our adoption journey and have chosen are home study agency and our placement agency. Why cant you chose? Just wondering if I am missing something. Our placing agency is Holt. ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. We chose our hs agency and adoption agency ourselves, too...I'm talking about Eastern, SWS, Holt...etc...
    With our agency (CHSFS), 90% come through Eastern, 10% comes through SWS. With Holt, they come through Holt. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand Jen, thanks. I didn't realize other agencies had more than one Korean agency. I appreciate the clarification...hope all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete