Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's Official - We're on the Waiting List

Our Adoption Agency needs up to 10 working days to review our home study for approval because we used a Social Worker in our state that is independent.  Today is day 7.  I am not good with waiting. ;)  (Hmmm...might sortof be an issue with my adoption from here on out, huh?)

On a Korean adoption forum that I've found, I see all kinds of people who are on the waiting list while they are doing their home study, so I decided to call the agency yesterday to ask if we could get on the wait officially while we're waiting for their social workers to approve.  I didn't get a call back...yet Again, not so good at the waiting.

I got an email from my social worker this morning that said she called to inquire on our home study status and they said they HOPED to get it approved today, but regardless, she said we're officially on the wait!  YIPPEEEEEE!!!

So what does that mean?  As of Tuesday, there were 12 couples waiting for a girl.  I'm not sure what number we'll be, but we will know soon.   Maybe we were put on the official list 7 days ago when there were only10 on the list?  Maybe?

But either way, our wait officially begins today.  Pray the list moves fast and we see progress!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!! You are so lucky! We were put on the waiting list for a girl last month and we are number 25! I hope your wait is a short one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope yours goes really fast, too! Who are you working with? We're CHSFS.

    Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats...we are just starting our homestudy process but I cant wait to be on the list. We are hoping for a little girl as well! We are with Holt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! Congrats to you too! I think we may be using different agencies. We're with "H" and there is a list, but they do not tell us where we are on the list since they don't necessarily always go in sequential order. I hope that your process goes quickly! Maybe we'll all be in Korea at the same time! :0)

    ReplyDelete