Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The long wait for legals

What are legals, you might ask?  Well, I'm not exactly sure.  I gather they are Seung Joo's * documents making her legally able to be adopted. And you can't process the US side of the adoption forms (i600) without them.  They are a must.  Add on the fact that the i600 can take months to process, you can see how getting them is a step worth celebrating.

Sometimes legals are waiting with the child's referral info, sometimes people wait a few days or a week and sometimes some unlucky people wait weeks upon weeks, into months.

Meet unlucky person.

I've been asking around to see how long legals have taken and the answers are all over the ball park.  But one person said 11 weeks. MOST, however, are not NEARLY that long.  Days, even a week or two at most. (Or so it seems.  Just from what I'm gathering.)

We are at 6 weeks of waiting right now.  I know it's not a HUGE deal because we didn't make the 2011 quota anyway, so it doesn't matter if it comes tomorrow or in a month, but I'd just like to make sure there isn't anything wrong that might stop the process. I've been told it isn't the case, but the whole adoption process is a bit nerve wracking, so I'd just sleep better having them.

Keep your fingers crossed they come by by next Friday.  Why next Friday?  Why not? ;)

*Next blog post is on Seung Joo's/Coralie/Cora's name. ;)

2 comments: