Thursday, August 4, 2011

Personalities - Oh how they differ

When pregnant with Logan, we didn't find out if he was a boy or a girl.  With Miles, I remember sitting on the table for my 20 week ultrasound, having decided we wanted to prepare for the sex.  Sure, I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure I wanted a girl.  One of each sex. Don't they say that the perfect combo?  But, if they told me my baby was a boy, I was going to be FAR from disappointed because Logan was pretty much thee easiest child to parent.

Logan=calm, easy, good sleeper, content, good eater, loving, caring, sharing, empathetic....all of these things Dave and I pretty much had no problem thinking was from OUR doing.  We were awesome parents! ;) And our son was proof that we knew what we were doing. (hee hee hee)

And a boy it was.  And he came at 40w 2d just like his brother.  Though, Logan's labor was 27 hours and Miles was 7. Logan's was long and boring, Miles' was quick and very, very scary.  Logan came out and was pretty much this calm present child and Miles came out screaming and rarely stopped.  It was literally the second he was born that he showed us that just because he had the same genes and sex did not make him a carbon copy of his brother.


(And thank goodness for that! Cause LOOK at that face! I'm so glad he is who he is!)

As a baby, Miles was intense, had the ability to cry louder than any other baby I've seen (And for longer!), puked all.of.the.time., never wanted to be let down, sleep?  The boy obviously didn't know what that was for years.  YEARS. (It's still common to have him wander in at night.)  We were stretched far, far, (faaaaaaar!) beyond what we thought we could handle.

But now, Miles is 6 1/2 and going into 1st grade and Logan is almost 10 going into 4th grade and the things that I loved about Logan as a baby and toddler are still Logan and I still SO much love his personality!  And the things that were so hard about Miles have transformed in a different way and I SO much love his personality!

Logan is (for the most part) calm, mature, confident and studious. He prefers his feet to stay on the ground.



Miles is wild, brave, confident and so many times leaves us with our jaws open with, "did he just do that?" If he has it his way, his feet will be anywhere BUT the ground.




I took this picture at an amusement park yesterday.  It's one of my favorite pictures of the moment.  Logan was a bit nervous. It was the first ride of the day.  Miles was all, "Let's GO!!"  This is their little selves in a nutshell right here. 
The kids stretch each other so much. Miles learns good quiet behavior from Logan.  Things to do while sitting still.  Logan learns to be brave from Miles.  How to quiet the little voice in his head and just try.

 As they get older and I can see how their personalities came from the moment they were born, not through parenting or molding.  I've been blessed to have a little wild child and a calm sensitive child.  I can not wait to learn what Coralie's personality will be.  

Will she be more like Logan or more like Miles?  Either way, we're the luckiest parents in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment